1. Crushing: The Latest Draper James collection just debuted at Nordstrom and I am crushing on so many things! Draper James is the brand launched by Reese Witherspoon in spring of 2015 that has a sweet, feminine aesthetic with nods to Witherspoon’s southern roots (the gets its name from Reese’s grandparents, Dorothea Draper and William James Witherspoon. The latest collection does not disappoint. Below are some of my favorites. Seriously, I cannot get enough of the gingham!
2. Loving: Peonies – I am enjoying the last blooms of these girly-girl staples with celebrity devotees like Gwyneth Paltrow and Hillary Duff. Peonies look like you crossed a beautiful pink rose with a cabbage (and legend has it that when Marco Polo first encountered the bloom he exclaimed that the roses were the size of cabbages). The cut blooms are long lasting and look great in any vessel and they look fantastic in bouquets or on their own. I have found great blooms everywhere from local farmer’s markets to Costco and even Trader Joes, so keep your eyes peeled for the last batch of these late spring/early summer bloomers. Don’t like pink? Don’t fret. According to Town and Country Magazine, peonies come in every color except blue.
3. Watching: Despicable Me 3 – It comes out today and I can promise you that we will be making our way to see this movie A.S.A.P. My kids have seriously been reminding me daily of when the movie comes out. They refuse to wait on this one! Honestly, I would never miss the chance to check out Gru, Agnes, Edith, Margo and their minion buddies. Plus, Gru and the gang are returning to villainy AND we are going to get to meet Gru’s brother. I can’t wait! Banana!
4. Craving: Cherries, cherries and more cherries. They have been all over my local farmer’s market for the last few weeks and I know that I have maybe one more week that I’m going to be able to get them (and have them really be in season), so I am savoring every single last one. So good!
5. Singing: Despacito – A lot of people are speculating that Despacito, the new hit song by Luis Fonsi & Daddy Yankee, featuring Justin Bieber, is going to be the song of the summer, and with good reason. It is super catchy and works well in multiple situations from pool parties to weddings or driving down PCH with the windows rolled down. Despacito, which means “slowly” in Spanish, is extremely catchy and while it is (mostly) not in English (it’s in Spanish), you won’t be able to help but sing along. My kids have had this on constant repeat in the car for the last two weeks. Fair warning, this song will make you want to dance. Bailamos!
Happy Friday and have a fabulous weekend!