- What I’m Reading: When I took the kids to see Tomorrowland earlier this month, there was a preview for Paper Towns, which is based on John Green’s book by the same name. I was intrigued and when the book was a $4 and under deal on my iBooks, I downloaded it and started reading immediately. Honestly, I love John Green’s writing and the only thing that gets me to put his books down is the fact that I don’t want them to be over too soon. I am loving this one.
- What I’m eating: Since making Cherry Clafouti earlier this week, I get multiple requests every day to make it again (and that is just from David). I guarantee that we will be having it at least once this weekend. Who knows, maybe we’ll get creative and experiment with the recipe. I’ll let you know how it turns out.
- What I’m watching: When I saw the previews for The Whispers I decided that I wouldn’t be watching because it looked way too creepy. Then when I was hanging out with my dad, he mentioned that he had recorded the show after my brother told him that it wasn’t creepy after all. We watched two episodes and you know what? It is TOTALLY CREEPY. Like, big time. When I asked my brother how he could have possibly not found the show creepy, he said, “No, I told dad it wasn’t satanic. I never said it wasn’t creepy because it is completely creepy.” Regardless of the creepiness, I’m hooked. It probably helps that the casts boasts Milo Ventimiglia and Barry Sloane (aka Aiden Mathis from Revenge – though, sadly, he is without his English accent) and that it is creepy in a science fiction way (kind of like X-Files or Doctor Who) as opposed to a creepy in stalker/ax murderer way. Science fiction creepy is something I can totally handle.
- What I’m Wearing: Bare Minerals Ready Blush in The Faux Pas. Seriously, when the guy at the Bare Minerals store suggested this shade, I told him, emphatically, no way. He insisted and somehow managed to convince me to try it on in the store. I was hooked. It gives you that perfect after the gym blush without making you look like a circus clown. You also need such a small amount that this stuff is seriously going to last forever.
- What I’m listening to in the car: I posted my June playlist yesterday and all of the songs on it are currently on heavy rotation in my car. I’m not even sure which one I would single out as my current favorite.
I hope you all have a wonderful weekend ahead of you! It is going to be a scorcher here in Southern California so I see a swimming pool in my near future.