I didn’t forget the Friday Five. I know that it’s late, but better late than never. So without further ado, here is this week’s Friday Five:
- What I’m Watching: The Parent Trap (1961) – What better way is there to celebrate school being out than watching a movie that takes place in the summer? On of my all-time favorite summer movies is The Parent Trap. I wore out at least a couple of VHS tapes of the film (I know that admitting to once owning VHS tapes totally dates me, but its the truth). Anyway, as part of Project Summer (which I’ll explain in more detail soon) we are introducing the boys to classic films that David and I grew up with and this was my first choice.
- What I’m Wearing: Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure in color Back to the Fuchsia – Summer time means sandal time and that means that manicured toes are a must. I like that these because they are a one step process (although I usually do two coats) and I don’t have to mess with a top or base coat. I also like that all of the color names are a play on words. This one is the perfect pink for summer and it is what I’m currently rocking on my tootsies.
- What I’m Eating: Soft pretzels. As part of Project Summer, the boys wanted to learn to make Soft Pretzels like you can buy at the mall and we completed the task this afternoon. The verdict? Absolutely delicious.
- On Repeat in the Car: Marvin Gaye (feat. Meghan Trainor) by Charlie Puth – I seriously cannot get enough of this song right now.
- What I’m Reading: Women’s Health Magazine – I have been subscribing to this magazine for years (David gets Men’s Health) but this one gets special mention because Gwyneth Paltrow graces the cover and I love her.