Happy first day of spring! We are having a beautiful start to spring here in Southern California and we’ve already received several invitations to beach parties this weekend. I can’t wait! I’m finishing up things at work right now so I can get an early start to the weekend, but I thought I’d share this recipe that I made the other night when I had some leftover blueberries. These were eaten piping hot out of the oven and there were no leftovers, so I guess they were a success. I hope you have a lovely weekend!
Gluten-Free Blueberry Muffins
- 2 cups gluten-free multi-purpose flour (like King Arthur)
- ½ cup almond flour/almond meal
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 8 Tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup milk
- 2 Tablespoons sour cream
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 ½ cups fresh or thawed frozen blueberries
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and line muffin tins with liners.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine flours, baking soda, xanthan gum, sea salt and cinnamon and set aside.
- In another bowl, cream together butter and sugar.
- Add eggs, one at a time until combined.
- Mix in milk, sour cream and vanilla extract.
- Slowly add dry ingredients into wet ingredients, mixing until just combined.
- Fold in 2 ½ cups blueberries.
- Fill muffin cups with batter.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until tester inserted into the center of the muffins comes out clean.
- Allow muffins to cool in the muffin tin (or eat them piping hot with butter!).