How is it the last day of February already? I’m still having a hard time remembering to write 2015 on my checks! Well, this week was certainly eventful on the internet – especially Thursday when we all debated just what color was “the dress”, then we watched escaped llamas takeover the news and after all of that we were finally given a verdict on net neutrality. Then yesterday, we all learned the sad news of the passing of renowned Star Trek actor and all around cool human, Leonard Nimoy, who reminded us all to “Live Long and Prosper.” We will miss you, Mr. Spock.
As for other news and happenings, here are some things that caught my eye this week:
- This feature on iconic rock stars at home with their parents from 1970-1971 is a serious gem. I can’t decide if I like the Eric Clapton or the Elton John picture best… or maybe David Crosby.
- This isn’t technically reading, but by kids are going crazy for the new Frozen Fever Trailer. It might even entice them to go and see the new live-action Cinderella with me!
- According to new research, early consumption of foods like peanuts may be the way to prevent allergies later in life.
- Have you ever wondered what the ocean would look like if it were a giant slushy? Photographer Jonathan Nimerfroh got some great shots of the semi-frozen ocean waves off the shore of Nantucket and they are insane!
- And finally, in Hungarian news, Bloomberg Business ran a story this week featuring 8 of the world’s next big wine regions and Tokaj, Hungary was at the top of the list. Anyone who has had the privilege of sampling a bottle of Tokaji wine knows that it totally deserves this distinction.
Have a safe and happy weekend!