Good morning! I hope that everyone is having a lovely Saturday. Last night all three of my guys took me out on a date for a lovely Italian feast. It wasn’t fancy but it was a fun little treat and I’m always amazed at how much more talkative the boys are when we are in a restaurant setting than when we are having dinner at home. We had a fabulous tiramisu for dessert and it has inspired me to maybe test out a gluten-free tiramisu recipe for my mom’s Oscar party on Sunday. Or maybe I’ll just make one of my tried and true recipes like this Triple Chocolate Mousse Cake.
Because it’s Saturday, it is now officially the weekend so it’s time for another weekend reads. Here’s what caught my eye this week:
- Candy lovers rejoice! Nestlé won major points in our household this week when they announced that it will become the first major candy company in the US to cut nasty artificial colors and flavors from its products! You should see the happy dance my children are doing. (I should also mention that Hershey’s made a similar announcement AFTER the Nestlé announcement)
- Anyone who has ever met my mom knows that she has a thing for presidential history so she’ll probably like this ranking of all 43 presidents by how hard they liked to party (I have to say, there were some surprises).
- Speaking of presidents, Russian President Vladimir Putin caused quite a stir in Budapest earlier this week when he did something that could have resulted in a 3 year prison sentence. The Hungarians decided to turn a blind eye, however, and not risk international incident. Considering Russia controls the flow of Hungary’s natural gas supply, this was probably a good idea.
- If you’re anything like me, you’re already getting geared up for tomorrow night’s Academy Awards. I seriously cannot wait. If you can’t wait until tomorrow night to get your Oscars fix, take a look back at some of these iconic Oscars moments. Also, if you are having an Oscars party and you are in need of ballots for your guests you can get the official ballot here or you can print these cute ballots from Glitter Guide.
- And in other awards show news Kristen Stewart of Twilight fame took home the César Award for best supporting actress thus becoming the first ever American actress to win what is considered to be the French equivalent of an Academy Award. Not only that… she was the first American actress that was ever nominated. Wait… What?
Have a safe and wonderful weekend!