Yesterday was just one of those days. You know the kind where all you want to do is veg in front of the TV and pig out on raw cookie dough? Yeah, that was me after work. It has been a long week and I’m just a little bit jealous that I don’t get to go with the rest of my family to the Scottish Festival this year (and by a little, I mean a lot). My boys will never pass up the chance to make (and eat) cookie dough, so they were all for it. I wanted just sugar cookie dough and I didn’t really want to put raw eggs in it since we weren’t going to be baking anything, so I opted for a flax-seed water mixture which gives it a nice egg-like consistency. I also didn’t make the dough super sweet, but you could totally add more sugar or you could make little balls and roll them in sugar. The pictures below are of another recipe I was working on but that is exactly what the cookie dough looked like (It had all been eaten by the time I thought to take a picture). I think I might even have a go at a gluten-free version next time. Anyway, Happy Friday everyone and If you’re in the Denver area this weekend be sure to check out the Long’s Peak Scottish/Irish Highland Festival. It is a fantastic festival and I guarantee that you will love it!
Raw Sugar Cookie Dough
- 2 Tablespoons ground flaxseeds
- 6 Tablespoons warm water
- 8 Tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 ¾ – 2 cups all purpose flour
- Combine ground flaxseeds and warm water in a medium bowl and allow to sit for a few minutes.
- Add the melted butter, sugar, vanilla and salt and mix.
- Combine the flour 1/4 cup at a time until you reach your desired consistancy (mine was right at 1 ¾ cups, but you can add up to 2 cups if you want, just remember that the more flour you add, the less sweet it will taste).
- Eat with a large spoon.